Benefits of Residential Recording
There are many advantages of choosing a residential recording studio over a non-residential studio. Cost is a major factor:
- It usually works out far less expensive to record at a residential studio than for a band (and sometimes producer, engineer, etc.) to stay at a hotel nearby to the studio
- There are no travel expenses or wasted travelling time getting to and from the studio and hotel each day
- A residential studio can accommodate a band’s meal requirements and the cost is often included in the price of hiring out the residence
- A residential recording studio can provide a more homely, relaxed and private atmosphere than staying in a city hotel
- Many residential recording studios are set in rural surroundings, which allows the band to concentrate on their music, writing and recording without the distractions of a big city on their doorstep.
- At Monnow Valley Studio, you also get flexible working hours with 24-hour staff
With 7 bedrooms comprising:
- 3 doubles (3 with en-suite)
- 3 twins (1 with en-suite)
- 1 single
Monnow Valley can sleep up to 14 people.
As well as the en-suites, we have a large communal bathroom with a double power shower plus Victorian bath.
Here at Monnow Valley Studio we can provide catering for your session if required. We provide 3 meals per day per person consisting of high quality home made cuisine sourced from local ingredients where possible and suited to any dietary requirements. By taking this option, clients get to spend less time in the kitchen and more time in the studio! If however catering is not required, you can have free reign of our large country kitchen to cook up your own delights on a self catered basis.
- Wireless broadband access
- Pool/ Table Tennis tables
- Fitness Equipment including a Multi-gym with Smith machine for press and squats, cross-trainer, exercise bike, mini-trampoline, 100kg of free weights, dumbells, EZ bar, etc.
- Two Mountain Bikes
- 3 Acre Garden
- Large lounge with 14kw log burner
- Sky TV including HD, anytime, movies, sport, etc.
- In-room Telephones
- Nintendo Wii and X-Box 360 including large selection of games such as Rock Band, FIFA, Tiger Woods, supplied by EA Games
- 1 mile of private fishing rights on the River Monnow (trout & salmon). Tackle available on site. Please visit the Monnow Valley Fishery website for information on our stretch.
Many activities can also be arranged locally:
Mountain biking, quad-biking, karting, super karting, dry slope skiing and snowboarding, ballooning, boating, canoeing, white water rafting, caving, clay pigeon shooting, gliding, horse riding, paint-balling, spheremania, archery, raft building, orienteering, off road driver training, paragliding, rock climbing and abseiling, walking, sauna, swimming, massage & beauty treatments, chiropractor, acupuncturist.
We have some of the finest golf courses in the UK on our doorstep. Preferential rates can be arranged at the following:
The Rolls of Monmouth
Celtic Manor (Home to 2010 Ryder Cup*)
Monmouth Golf Club
Forest Hills Golf Club
St Pierre Golf & Country Club